Friday, December 02, 2005

Lines Between the Dots...

As I (quite hopefully) recover from a nasty set of spine problems, chronic fatigue syndrome, physical deconditioning, etc., I hope blogging turns out to be a good outlet for random thoughts, concerns and philosophies. Otherwise they stay bottled up with me in small, semi-dark book lined room, periodically interrupted by the child raising of our two children. We'll see how it goes.

Primarily I'd like to write about writing, publishing, creativity, and anything that seems like it may have a connection. Random things may fall out of the tree from time to time as well; time will tell. If anyone other than myself actually reads anything here, feel free to post a comment.

In the past few weeks, several AP items regarding publishing and the sale of used books appeared. I posted comments to each of them but not one person in this whole wide world responded. They may never have been read. I'll get into their content in the next post; this will be an open letter type message to the publishing world with a message that seems obvious to me.

But as when interacting with all large systems, it will surely inspire no consensus whatsoever. Discussion would be the goal, argument even, but it all has to start with the expression or assertion of an idea. Hence the blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home