Monday, March 26, 2007

I Can Too Do A Short Blog Entry

Although my posts tend to be long, I hope that they're easy to read so that they don't take a commensurate effort to read. Anyway, as a postscript to the previous entry about Dan Simmons' The Terror, which I now think of as The Horror, I wanted to add that while in a Borders yesterday, they had the novel, which is a current hardcover, available on their Buy 2, Get 3 table. Given that the book jumped out onto the New York Times bestseller list, I can't help but wonder if this is the literary equivalent of a movie that opens big and drops off drastically in the following weeks. In other words, word of mouth buzz catches up with the marketing hype and fan anticipation.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but I can't help but think that a first edition hardcover in the bargain bin is one step away from the remainder table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home