Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tired of It ALL (Don't Read This)

I wish tax cuts were not the issue with Republicans. I wish tax increases (or elimination of past tax cuts) were the issue with Democrats. I wish they would be united on one issue, which would be spending cuts. Someone once said that you can't tax yourself into prosperity. You can, apparently, tax the hell out of people and spend it irresponsibly and increasingly without really seeming to acknowledge it.

It seems to me the best thing we could come up with in our muck-mired system would be to have a Democratic president and a Republican congress. Since congress spends the money, I have an iota more inclination of belief that while they'd spend way too obscenely much, the Democrats would be worse. I think the current congress's approval rating of 13% would be optimistic with a Democrat in the White House.

Which is another way of saying I have no idea how to vote, who to vote for, or sadly, whether to even vote. I don't want to vote for someone or something I don't believe in. I would vote for anyone against Ms. Clinton simply because I feel she's that horrible a human being. We don't need someon who's trumpeting her ability to fight Republicans. Someone who thought they could get along with Republicans would be a much nicer thing.

Stop dividing us into rich and needy, Republican or Democrat, pro-war or anti-war. We're all Americans, we're all the same. Why can't we act like it? And if our leaders can't, how can we? Throwing the bums out would be a good strategy if it works, but it never has. There are always more bums, indistinguishable from the previous set, to take their place.

I live in fear, and I don't want to vote in fear. They've stolen my optimism, the bastards, and I'm begging for reasons to get it back. So far the best I've been able to manage is to drastically cut back my exposure to the media. But the bad stuff is still out there, and still going on whether I wallow in it or not. It's very sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home