Thursday, February 04, 2016

Busy Time

I was just invited to participate in a Noir @ the Bar reading in Philadelphia by the founder of this august movement, Peter Rozofsky. It will be at March 19th at the Society Hill Playhouse, the last ever event that will be held at that venue. Hopefully we can send it out with a bang.

I don't know who else will be reading at this point, though I know Peter's trying to get Adrian McKinty. Adrian read at the last N@tB in Manhattan and had everyone rolling with the opening of his first book. He had me at "lepidopterously." And then of course with the story of the editorial battles that went on about that one.

Albacon, a science fiction convention in Albany, NY, will be first though, on March 4-6. Then I hope to have a signing event for TRUTH ALWAYS KILLS at the great Once Upon a Crime bookstore in Minneapolis in April, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. The schedule page on my website shows all the confirmed future sightings for the year so far, including trips to Boston, Manhattan, Key West, Baltimore and New Orleans.

People should come out and find me. The best part of these things is not only meeting new people, but seeing them again later at other events. I think they call this making new friends. Writing is such a solitary activity, these jaunts out into the real world are those breaths of fresh air when we step out from behind our legal pads and pens and computers.

So come out to something, especially if you've never been. It's the only way to see what you're missing.

And now I've got to get back to that April deadline I'm apparently trying so hard to miss....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home