Saturday, December 15, 2007

Synthesized Humbug

For whatever reason, the few radio stations available up here in this small corner of the frozen northeast play a preponderance of Elton John songs. Not since a high school ski trip to Montana have I heard the airwaves so continuously battered by an artist and/or songs I really don't like (in 1980 it was Neil Diamond's "Forever in Blue Jeans" that raged across Big Sky country).

For the holiday season it's not enough for one station to go all Christmas music all the time, but it seems like they all did it. And if this is what I have to listen to, does so much of it have to be Mannheim Steamroller? Give me Johnny Mathis, Nat King Cole, even the Ray Conniff Singers, but take away the synthesizers (and the Elton John) and my holiday would burn a bit brighter.

Bah, humbug. Just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home