Saturday, February 19, 2011

Go Get One!

The new Peter Rabe book I've pushed here came out a few weeks ago. Everyone should own at least one copy. Not only would that make me happy, and the publisher ecstatic, you would be getting a really excellent volume of novel/novella/short story by a master.

The reviews I've seen so far are here:

Somebody Dies
Bookgasm
Pulp Serenade

I did a lot of work on this book, including contributing the introduction, and of course I'm hoping the book does well. If you like popcorn reading like James Patterson, this ain't it. If you like longer, slowly paced fiction like John LeCarre, this ain't it, either. It's Peter Rabe, for god's sake, and as with anyone as much a stylist as he is/was, the masses will never find favor. For fans of flat out good writing, fans of hard-boiled crime stories, and even (in the case of Marvin Palaver, at least) wickedly wry humor.

If I'd had no hand at all in the production of this book I'd have been first in line with a pre-order as soon as it was announced. And after reading the material more than a dozen times, I can safely say that I certainly was not disappointed. And I don't think most of you would be, either.

So don't wait, be the first on your block, complete your Peter Rabe collection, impulse buy, whatever. Just do it already. If nothing else, set it on the shelf and admire the cover, why don't you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home