Monday, April 11, 2016

New Book Signing

Before I take the time and get my thoughts down on losing the former owner of the wonderful Once Upon a Crime Mystery Bookstore in Minneapolis--there are a lot of feelings there--I wanted to at least announce a new signing in Florida.

I will be at another nationally recognized independent crime fiction specific bookstore, Murder on the Beach, in June on the 4th, a Saturday, at 1:00. They're located in Delray Beach, north of Boca Raton, and a nice link is here.

And yes, I know I need a new picture.

Please support your local independent bookstore. They've had a tough go over the past few years, with rising leasing costs pushing many owners out, Amazon doing a lot of damage, but they are making a comeback. There are more new independent bookstores than there were a year ago. Even if you're out of the area, they'll ship wherever.

All you need to do is look at a place like Once Upon a Crime's Annex and see all the treasures that are there--among other things, I just picked up a signed Ross Thomas, a signed Walter Mosley, a signed Eric Ambler, etc.--and know that these stores need our support.

You could try what I like to do when I find a new bookstore: just ask them for a recommendation. Take advantage of their knowledge and experience and let them discover something for you. I've never been disappointed doing this, and I hope you won't, either.

I used to have a lot of friends in that area of Florida. I know it was long ago, but really, guys, I haven't changed. Show up in June, clutch claws and let's catch up. It'll be fun.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home