Saturday, April 30, 2011

Soup

I haven't meant to ignore the ol' blog but I'm buried. With the kids running track, playing baseball, softball, home school, spring is a busy time. But I've got a stack of books to proofread (actually three), an essay to edit, interviews to conduct for newsletters, and blurry vision.

I saw where the writer Joanna Russ just passed away. Apparently she hadn't written much in recent years due to chronic back pain and chronic fatigue syndrome. These same kinds of illness have kept many writers from working and every time I see something like this, it helps me feel like what I'm going through is still real and not some subconscious excuse for a lack of productivity.

At least of my own work. And so I toil on other peoples', I make a contribution, and hopefully chip in some miniscule difference in some things that I care about. And if that's all I can do right now, then that has to be okay. If I can't get healthier, I'd at least like to get younger. I figure shooting for two moons doubles my chances of achieving one, right? (Do not insert logic here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home